Goodwill Evangelical Mission is an indigenous Gospel mission and faith community empowerment organization established in 2000 for the purpose of reaching the tribes of Liberia.
Key objectives of the mission are:
- Making converts for the Lord Jesus Christ
- Making disciple of new converts
- Planting Goodwill Evangelical Churches in Liberia, West Africa.
- Glorifying God in services and duties to humanity.
Currently, the Goodwill Evangelical Mission works in four of the 15 counties of Liberia (West Africa), planting churches and doing development work among the tribes of Liberia, and intend to extend its missions work in four additional counties (Bassa, River Cess, Bomi and River Gee)
“A holistic and dynamic Christ-centered ministry and church empowered to productively serve humanity and community to the glory of Jesus Christ”.
Where We Work
Liberia, West Africa
- Liberia was established by freed American slaves (Many from MD) in 1822 as a Christian State.
- Located in West Africa and covers a total area of 111,369 sq.km. (43,000 sq. mi. almost the size of PA).
- 580 kilometers (360 mi.) of beautiful coastline, which receives approximately 400mm of rainfall (almost 16 in.) largely during the rainy season from May to October.
- Area: 111,369 sq km
- Heavily forested coastal state adjoining Sierra Leone, Guinea and Côte d’Ivoire.
- Population: 4.5 million, Annual Growth: 4.23%, with 80% of the population living below the poverty line of US $ 1.00 per day. million 14% of Liberians suffer severe poverty defined as the proportion of total population living on less than US$0.50 per day. (Source: Common Country Assessment (CCA – conducted by the World Bank) on Liberia)
- Official language: English
- Languages: 31 All languages
- Capital: Monrovia
- Urbanites: 61.5%
- HDI Rank: 169 of 182 (UN Human Development Reports 2009)
- Peoples group: 40 (10% unreached) All peoples
Largest Religion: Ethno religionist
|Religion||Pop %||Ann Gr|
(Muslims, largely comes from the Mandingo and Vai ethnic groups) – “Operation world 2010”
The Goodwill Evangelical Mission (GEM) is coordinated by its International Accountability Board, a Liberia National Board, national and international ministry team headed by Rev. George Deemie (President and CEO), program and ministry secretariat that consist of County Program Director, financial officer, administrative manager, ministry coordinators and board of trustee.
Your Donation Can Help GEM Mission Reach Africa
Goodwill Evangelical Mission (GEM) is a faith based missionary organization that depends on God’s people for its ministry support. Your partnership to support is welcomed.
To make a donation today, click the button below.